Sunday, August 30, 2009

History Simulations


Well, I have a guilty pleasure. I like historical simulation games like Age of Empires II that I can play on the computer. Take a scruffy band of peasants and gradually build a world empire. I can hear it now: Loser! And, at his age, imagine playing computer games. Well, I don't care what you think. It's fun, completely involving and a little bit like those older gents you see sitting in the park and playing chess (which I also love). The purpose of bringing this up is that I just upgraded my computer to Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) and Age of Empires II didn't work anymore. Well, all those people out there with my same guilty pleasure there is an easy work around. When you click on your alias hold down the Apple (command) key and it takes you to the actual application. Keep the command key depressed when you double click on the application and you'll get a menu. Uncheck the first radio box (use 256 colors on Mac OS X) and also uncheck the last radio box (Display In-Game Cursor) then click play. Then you can go off and conquer the world. (He typed, while still feeling a trifle bit of embarrassment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment